It’s January 10th, so that means it’s time for my new 10 on the 10th link-up. I’m so excited!
Thanks Erin for graciously allowing me to take over this link-up. I can’t wait to read everyone’s posts!
Today’s topic is 10 random facts about me.
But first, a little (re)-introduction of myself for my new followers/readers.
I am Jen, author of this little blog. I blog for no one else but myself. This is my space where I can share what’s on my heart.
I am not worried about comments, or followers, or page views or anything like that.
I blog because I have made a connection with other bloggers who have become great friends to me. Also, so my girls have a space to look back on when they are older.
First and foremost, I love God and want others to see His love through me. I am so thankful for everything he has blessed me with in my life!
I am married to my high school sweetheart, Chris, who keeps me laughing every day.
We have two beautiful girls, Liz and Emily, that I talk about A LOT! We are also foster parents, but currently don’t have any kids placed with us.
We have two dogs, Happy and Max. Happy is a 6 year old Silkese (half Silky/half Maltese) and Max is our (almost) 1 year old GoldenDoodle.
I am an 8th grade math teacher and assistant volleyball coach at our local Middle School. I love, love, love my job and all that comes with it. 8th graders keep you hip and young feeling, even though some days they may look at you like you are an alien!
I recently lost my dad to different health issues.
And Chris’s mom is currently going through a battle with stage 4 colon cancer.
Our oldest daughter, Liz, is also a Type 1 Diabetic. It’s a silent disease that is a daily struggle, but she does awesome with it!
We have had our share of “storms” to go through, but we sing a hallelujah and praise God even through our storms.
Thank you so much for following along with me and reading my blog every day. It means so much!
Now, onto the fun! Here are a few random things about me:
- I started dating Chris when I was 15 years old.
- I was scared to tell Chris I was pregnant with Emily because Elizabeth was only 8 months old!
- I was on the Doniphan Donettes basketball team that won 2nd in state my sophomore year.
- I have read every book by Karen Kingsbury.
- I am 6′ tall and feel like a giant most of the time.
- I can’t remember song lyrics for anything! Have you ever seen those memes about people singing the words to a song wrong? Yeah, that’s me.
- I have always known I wanted to be a teacher. I used to play school for hours upon hours. Now, I get to do that and get paid doing it! 🙂
- I have only flown on an airplane once in my life. I hope to change this soon!
- I love taking baths and take one almost every night.
- I haven’t drank ANY caffeine in over a year. I only drink water and the occasional strawberry lemonade from Rhodes.
Now, it’s your turn! What are some random facts about you?
I love learning new things about people!
Link up below: