Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  We only have 4 more weeks of school and then it is summer break~ we can’t wait!

Friday right after school Liz and I left with another cheer mom and her daughter and headed to St. Louis for the last cheer competition of the season.

Friday night when we got to the hotel we met up with some other cheer girls and ate supper at the hotel.  I love staying at Drury Inn because of their kickback program and the free food from 5:30-7:00.  Friday night it was taco night so it was really good!

IMG_0349 (1)IMG_0351 (1)

After we ate supper we went and shopped a little bit at TJ Maxx.  We got back to the hotel around 7:30 and let the girls swim the rest of the night with their cheer team.  It was extremely LOUD in there, but we let them stay until the pool closed and then headed up to the room and went to bed.

IMG_0353 (1)

Saturday morning was competition day!  This competition was supposed to be at Six Flags St. Louis, but because of all of the rain they decided to move it to a different venue in Columbia, Illinois.  We were a little bummed because the fun of the competition was going to be able to ride rides with friends after the awards ceremony.  However, we still get to save our Six Flags ticket and use it sometime before Labor Day.  We hope to get a few friends together and go up one day this summer.

Chris had stayed at Dexter because he was supposed to have a baseball tournament all day on Saturday.  Unfortunately because of the rain it got cancelled.  He ended up working at Teen Challenge and took Emily up to his mom and dad’s house for the day.  I don’t have ANY pictures of them because Chris isn’t very good at remembering to take pictures.  But I assure you, Emily was spoiled just a little bit by Nana and Papa.

The new venue was an indoor soccer field.  It wasn’t the best place for a cheer competition and it was a little crowded, but it was better than being outside in the cold rain and cooler weather.

We dropped the girls off with their cheer coaches and then went and watched the other performances while we waited.  It was hard to see the stage because of how the chairs were set up, but we just stood to the side when we wanted to watch the good teams perform.  There were some really good hip hop dancers I liked to watch at this competition.

IMG_0355IMG_0356 (1)IMG_0359IMG_0360IMG_0363

Finally it was our turn to perform!  A bunch of us cheer moms went up to the very front and sat down in the floor so we were able to watch their performance better.  The girls all did AMAZING!  They hit every stunt perfectly and they were really in sync during all of their tumble passes!  I love watching Elizabeth doing something she loves.  Her facial expressions are always killer and her smile makes my heart so happy!

IMG_0366IMG_0368 (1)IMG_0369 (1)IMG_0370 (1)IMG_0371 (1)IMG_0372 (1)IMG_0373 (1)

After their performance, we had to wait around for about 2 1/2 hours for the awards ceremony.  We decided to leave and go out to eat lunch at Chick-Fil-A.

We made it back in time for the awards ceremony.  My favorite part of the cheer competition is when all of the teams can go out on the floor and dance and have a good time while the judges are making their final decisions.  Such great memories made!

IMG_0381 (1)

Elizabeth’s team, Xplosion All-Stars DIVAS, got 1st place in their division!!! There were a total of 4 really good teams in their division, so to get 1st place was a great accomplishment!  It was definitely a great way to end the season.  Elizabeth loved the fact that the trophy was almost as big as her!  They also got a medal that she can’t wait to wear to school today.

IMG_0384IMG_0387IMG_0390 (1)IMG_0392IMG_0393IMG_0396

After the awards ceremony, Christy and I did a little shopping.  We hit Marshall’s, Tuesday Morning, and another TJ Maxx.  I LOVE TJ Maxx!  Liz and Kate were great sports and didn’t complain one time of being tired.  We had a very successful shopping day and came home with a van load full.


We ate supper at Steak N’ Shake and then ended the night with Simply Swirled.


Sunday morning Chris got up at 4:30 a.m. to go turkey hunting.  I wanted to sleep in a little bit, but Emily Grace was up at 7:30 ready to play and tell me all about her day on Saturday.  We ended up laying in bed watching American Girl doll YouTube videos.  I knew Chris wouldn’t make it back in time for church so the girls and I decided to be lazy around the house.

I cleaned up and organized our master bedroom a little bit and did a few things around the house.  Emily played with her American Girl dolls, and Elizabeth slept until 10:45!  Competition days always wear her out!

When Chris got back to Dexter around 11:00, we immediately headed to Doniphan.  We were supposed to help my sister and brother in law put up a pool, but the ground was way too wet and muddy.  My mom had already said she was going to fix us all lunch no matter what, so we went to spend the afternoon with them.


The girls love going to play with their cousins, Zach and Tyler.  It was nice to see my family and even my Nini came out and ate lunch with us.

At the doctor this past week, my dad’s neurologist confirmed once again that dad is in the severe stage of dementia.  Every day his health is going downhill and it is such a struggle to watch.  He is getting to where he can’t hardly do anything on his own anymore.  He’s also getting agitated more and more because he knows he is having trouble with his words and talking.  Breaks my heart to see him this way, and makes me sad for my mom too.  She is such a strong lady and takes great care of my dad!  We pray that Medicaid goes through soon because she desperately needs help with taking care of him.  Not to mention that she isn’t getting paid for any of this time off she is taking to be with him.

Today he was in a pretty good mood and made sense most of the time.  We even got him to eat a hamburger and chips with us for lunch.

After we visited at mom and dad’s house for a few hours, we went over to Matt and Julie’s house to check out the ground where they are putting their new pool up.  The girls of course also had to check out the cows, baby kittens, and their new puppy, Dolly.

IMG_0409IMG_0410IMG_0413IMG_0416 (1)

We didn’t stay long at my sister’s house because I need to get back to catch up on laundry and some things at the house.  Chris also had a 10 page paper to write again for his Specialist class.

Sunday evening we played outside, did laundry, went grocery shopping, and watched America’s Funniest Home Videos together.  It was a much needed slow paced evening at home.

Leaving you with our #selfieSunday.  I pray you have a blessed week!

IMG_0425 (1)

3 thoughts on “Weekend Recap

Leave a Reply