It’s Wednesday! Church day as Emily Grace says.
Thanks for all the well wishes the other day for our volleyball tournament. Both our 7th and 8th grade teams placed 2nd in the county. That is an amazing accomplishment!
Yesterday was my first day not having anything to do after school since Feb. 4 and I didn’t know what to do with myself. LOL
Today, I am hosting my monthly 10 on the 10th link-up. The topic is 10 household tips.
I like to consider myself a very neat housekeeper. However, the older my children get and the more involved they get, I am seriously starting to rethink that.
Anyways, here are my tips I came up with (and yes, I only came up with 5):
- Don’t stress. Seriously, who is going to remember if there were a few dishes left in the sink?? The other day I chose to play outside with the girls instead of folding laundry, and it was okay that the laundry sat on my dining room table another day. It eventually got done.
- Do one room at a time. I have a hard time focusing on one thing when I am cleaning. I now focus on cleaning only one room at a time and it helps me be more productive.
- Enlist the help of others in your house. I was a control freak with cleaning at one point. I had a certain way I liked to do things and I wanted to do it myself so it was done right. Those days are LONG gone! Now, I am a very good at delegating and I give everyone in the house a job!
- Have all your supplies you need to clean with. Nothing irritates me more than not having all my supplies when I am ready to clean the house.
- Do a quick “pick-up” every night before you go to bed. Chris and I usually take about 10 minutes each night tag teaming picking everything up and putting it where it belongs. This helps us start the next day with a clean start,
What are your favorite household tips? I am anxious to hear from you.
Link up below: