It’s my last Friday of the school year! We only have 2.5 days next week and then we are done!
Today, it’s my monthly 10 on the 10th link-up and we are sharing 10 things we would tell our high school self.
Here is what I came up with:
- Stop comparing yourself to others~ You be YOU! There is no other person like you. I am WAY more confident with myself now than I was in HS. I wish I would’ve rocked more confidence back then.
- Be nicer to your mom and dad. I honestly didn’t have much of an attitude with my parents, but I did think I knew better than they did. I wish I was kinder and better “friends” with them. Who would’ve thought I only had 14 years with my dad after HS? CHERISH the time with your people!
- You will be okay. There will be TONS of things that you go through, but you will be okay. I always worried about what my future held when I was in HS. You can’t predict the future and I would’ve never thought I would go through half the stuff I’ve gone through…But guess what?? I am okay!
- There will be great advances made in make-up and hair products. Take advantage of this! Your eyebrows will look good once again in the future! (something I always stressed about when I was younger)
- Enjoy the moment. Don’t grow up too soon. I always wanted to turn 18, then get married, etc. In some ways, I grew up way too fast and truly didn’t enjoy my HS years. I miss the days of no responsibilities and no bills!
- Everyone will be addicted to their cell phones when you are in your mid-thirties. Be thankful social media wasn’t invented yet when you grew up!
- Life is short. Go on the trip, take the day off, enjoy every moment.
- Chris will be your very best friend. I’m so thankful my 15 year old self fell in love with Chris. He is my best friend and such a loyal guy to me.
- Stop wasting your time trying to be “cool”. When you are 30 what really is “cool” anymore?
- Be the person you want to be. Be weird, be quiet, be cool, be loud, be YOURSELF and excel at what you do!
What would you tell your HS self?
What year did you graduate in? I’m a 2003 graduate.
Here are a few of my favorite pics from my HS days:
Share your post below:
Thanks for reading today. Hope your day is great! Remember to make someone smile today.
And congrats to all our graduates graduating from HS tonight!