Weekend Recap

Hello, friends!  I’m so thankful for a great weekend AND that we only have school 3.5 days this week and then we get a few days off for Spring Break!

Friday after school Chris had baseball practice, so the girls and I ran a few errands in town and then headed home.  I read for about an hour and let them play in their rooms until Chris got home.

As soon as Chris got home, it was time for me and Elizabeth to head to volleyball practice.  We practiced for about an hour, and then made sure the gym was set up for the tournament the next day.  The other 6th grade volleyball team was there as well and with everyone pitching in, it didn’t take near the amount of time I thought it would!  I was thankful everyone stayed to help us and we were able to be get out of there by about 7:30.  I didn’t want my girls to stay too late since I knew they would be playing volleyball all day the next day.


After volleyball practice we all went over to Nana and Papa’s house to check on Nana.  She finally was upgraded from her wheelchair to a walker, so that is wonderful!  We didn’t stay long because we wanted Elizabeth in bed early for her tournament the next day.


Friday night around 9:00 it worked out that we were able to go and look at a house we are wanting to buy.  We didn’t think we would have a chance this weekend because of our schedule, so since they were able to show us we went ahead and looked at it even though it was late.  We didn’t get back home until around 11:00, so so much for Elizabeth going to bed early!

Saturday morning started at 6:30 a.m. for me!  Liz and I had to be at the MS gym at 8:00 dressed and ready to go for the tournament because we played the first game at 8:30 against Puxico.  Emily had to hang out with me all day since Chris was working up at Teen Challenge.  It was a very hectic morning making sure the gym was ready for the tournament, making sure the ref showed up, concession stand was stocked, etc.  I am again so thankful for everyone that helped and made it a successful volleyball tournament!

We didn’t do as well as I expected in our tournament.  There were only 4 schools in the tournament and we had already beat 1 of the schools before, so I was hopeful we would at least win 2 out of our 3 games and make it to the championship game.  However, we ended up not winning any of our games. We went to 3 sets in all of the games except for one and competed really well, we just couldn’t ever finish a game with a win.  My girls are made up of all 4th graders and playing in a 5th grade league this year.  Because of that we have a little disadvantage, but it will only make us better by playing against older girls!  My girls got really discouraged that they lost, but it was a good learning experience to just work harder for next time.  I was proud of them for doing so well and staying in there with the older girls!


The 5th grade part of the tournament lasted until 1:00 and then it was time for the 6th grade girls to play.  While they were playing me and the other parents were in charge of taking money and the concession stand.  This definitely kept us busy!  We had a great turn out and people loved our hot dogs and popcorn.  Since I am the coach, I scheduled myself to work all day long except for 1 hour break.  Also during this time, my players had to be line judges and help in the concession stand.  They thought it was great to help out.  Also, Emily worked her little tail off ALL DAY long!  I was so impressed with how much she helped getting drinks or candy in the concession stand and she didn’t complain one time!

Overall, it was a great volleyball tournament!  Our 6th grade girls ended getting 1st place in their bracket, so that was exciting to watch!


I got home around 6:00 that evening and was wiped out!

During my 1 hour break earlier, I had to run Elizabeth home and get her ready in her cheer uniform and make-up for their cheer practice from 4:00-6:30.  So when I got home at 6:00 I picked Chris and Emily up and we headed back into town to pick Elizabeth up.  I went in and watched them do their dress rehearsal practice right at 6:30 and then we left and headed home.

Saturday night I thought I would be able to catch up on my laundry and relax a little bit, but we ended up having to go to the real estate office and sign papers on our house that we are selling.  We finally agreed on a price and so we had to sign the contract with all the “legal” terminology on it and get our closing date set.  I still am in disbelief we sold our house this quickly!  The girls thought it was cool to go with us and sign all the papers.  Emily only asked 453,531 questions to our agent about what she was saying, so it was a LONG process with her around.


Saturday night when we got back home, I made the girls go to bed immediately.  With Daylight Savings and staying up late the night before, I knew they needed the rest.  Then, I went to Wal-Mart for my weekly grocery shopping trip and came home and went to bed!  I was exhausted!!

Sunday morning we were able to sleep in a little bit, but I was actually up and ready by 8:00.  I let the girls sleep until 9:00 and then made pancakes for everyone.  After pancakes, we got ready for Liz’s cheer competition in Cape.  I really wish people could see what all it takes to get a little girl ready for cheer!  My sister jokes with me all the time that she’s thankful she got the boys because they are so much easier to get ready.  It took about 20 minutes for me to braid Elizabeth’s hair and put her bow in and there were NO tears this time, so that was a success!  We waited to put her make-up on until we got there, because I am just not very good at eye liner and needed help.

We were out the door and ready for Cape at about 10:45 a.m.  We didn’t have to be there until noon, so we had plenty of time.  We got up to Cape at the Show Me Center a little before noon and met up with Elizabeth’s team. Chris dropped me and Liz off and he and Emily went riding around Cape to kill some time.  The girls didn’t perform until 1:30 so we just watched all the other teams until it was their time.  Cheer competitions are very intense and fun to watch!  I am totally turning into a cheer mom and enjoy watching all the routines.


Our girls performed and NAILED their routine!  Everyone hit their stunts and it was the best they had ever done!


The awards ceremony was at 2:30 so we didn’t have to wait that long to find out how we did.  Elizabeth’s cheer team ended up getting 1st place in their division and Best Jumps overall!  I was SO proud of them.  Their hard work definitely paid off!



{Side note}:  I love these two pictures I got today of Chris with each girl.  He is such a GREAT daddy and it makes me love him 100 times more the way I see how he treats them and loves them.


We came home straight after the cheer competition and Emily was able to play outside for a while.  Liz chose to hang out in her room and watch T.V. and relax instead of going outside.


Tonight I have finally been able to catch up on some laundry and sit down for a few minutes.  We watched Little Big Shots together and the girls were in bed by 8:00!

Leaving you with our #selfieSunday.  I pray you have a blessed week!


Leave a Reply